Monday 22 October 2012

Magazine Design Reserach

I took a couple books out of the library to do a bit of research of the content and design of editorial pieces as this area of design is new to me. I flicked through the books and took pictures of the types of design that I think would inspire me and the style that I want my range to take.

Magazine Design Ideas

Of the above collection of images here are a couple that I want to take ideas for the design, presentation, layout and range of my publications. 


The presentation as a collection, think of some form of packaging for the range. 


The range of the front covers can be the same design but just be in different bright colours so they are easy to be identified as a range. 


Layout; having the name of the artists or the title of the article across a double page spread with a gradient in the background to make the pages more interesting. Although this will dramatically increase the print costs, it is visually engaging and different. 

Grid and Layout; having a photograph as the background for the double page spread or just have the photo across one of the pages and the text completely separate. 



Another example of a different layout; having the photos take up two thirds of the page and then arrange the text below it. 


Looking at the front cover design with simple typography; I want my front cover to be much more exiting than this but still be typography based. 

Here I am looking at the top left design (pink/orange and black). I really like the design of it because of the gradient mask over the imagery contrasted with the black page an arrangement of type on the left side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment