Monday 12 November 2012

Typeface Design Research

I have been looking on behance and lovely packaging and finding a range of inspirational typeface designs either on their own or related to health / beauty packaging. Some of the typefaces are more minimal, modern while others are more decorative. These are just examples and a starting point, I need to go back and work out the character and feel behind the brand before I start deciding on the direction of typeface. At the moment in my head I see the main logo and brand typeface being very illustrative, decorative with lots of swirls / curls around it, but I feel that I need to star basic with a sans-serif typeface and then progress to a more decorative one. 

I liked the typeface of the logo, it is bold, modern and still has charcter. I am not sure how appropriate it would be for this brand though. 



This is the type of logo that I want to try and design, although with less decorative strokes around the brand name, I think this one is too decorative and it can be hard to see exactly what the name says. 


This is the type of logo / style of typeface I imagine for the name of the brand / product although a lot more fen amine / sophisticated than this one.  I want the logo to have style and character and look like it has been designed by hand, I feel this would give the brand a friendlier essence. The majority of hair care brand names do have very individual typeface styles. 















































No comments:

Post a Comment