Tuesday 13 November 2012

Cover Art - From Buamai Website

I have found a range of designs that have really helped inspire me for the cover art, and have taken the ideas for the design of these publications in a new direction. All of the below images I found on the the previously mentioned website. I also hope to develop my photoshop skills in this part of the brief and create an image, edit a series of images or create a graphic pattern than I can apply to the brand and give it more of a style.

I want to ensure that I have a similar theme accross all 3 covers so they are easily recognised as Alternative Music Room Publications.


This reminded me of the style of fine art that I used to produce at my AS and A Level, very colourful, modern and abstract. It would definately make an interesting cover for one of the publications. 


This made me think about having a quote about house music on the front of it, or a quote from on of the  selected producers the publication focuses on. 


Simple typography. 

Using a simple graphic patterns as a compound mask over a disguised image. 

Using a coloured stock - this would be better for screen printing rather then digital printing. 


Having a quote that takes up the majority of the cover, this I could also experiment with using a different colour / type stock. 


There were a range of 3 designs like this, all of which used bright colours. I could try and find a tutorial online for photoshop and see if I can create something with the theme of distorted bright colours, similar to the lighting at house music events. 

A simple graphic pattern. I could use this over the range of 3 pubcliations. 

Simple graphic design / pattern placed on a gradient background. A clean design but visually intersting, I am not sure how I can visually represent house music in this manner though. 



Graphic artwork in the background of the cover with the logo centralised and the main focus of the cover. 

Stationary range, I need to start developing the range so the logo applies across it all. 

Simple black logo with colourful graphic shapes / patterns applied across a range of designs each using a different colour scheme. 



A typographic design


These two images above are the type of designs I want to find out and learn to make on photoshop. 






Simple, colourful pattern turned into shapes. I want to keep the front of the covers simple but colourful, to make them look smart but still stand out. 




This was the first image I found off google which led me to the website, I could have a simple black edit of the logo in the centre of the cover and have the rest of the page filled with colourful patterns all of which are in the colourscheme. I need to do a bit of reserach into graphic patterns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment