Thursday 25 October 2012

Food & Flyer Design Research

I have gathered a collection of visual stimulus to start off the flyer design. Many of the images do not related directly to food / drink but they caught my eye because of the strength of the design.

I found a series of flyers for restaurants, bars, and other culinary subjects. Many of which are low end, poorly designed flyers but I am just interested to make comparisons to the high and low end designs.

The flyer that I am designing has to be high end, for adults who have good taste in food and a varied pallet. It has to be sophisticated but friendly.
Glutton Club_Visual Research

Some of the designs from the pdf above which stood out for me where:

I like the colour scheme and minimalistic illustrations contrasted with the photography and sans-serif typeface of the information

I like the combination of colour, illustration and typefaces

It was the background of the designs that caught my attentnion, it gives a more natural, homely, friendly but sophisticated feel to the designs. Sophisticated and modern design without being portentous. 

An example of a photograph flooding the page, the focus is on the food which is going to be the attraction point of the Glutton club, people's eyes are drawn to imagery first rather than text. 





These are a couple other photographs from the project above. I really like the wooden effect, texture is something I might experiement with, especially as I have been asked to reflect the colour and feel of Darwin's study. 


A higher end design for a bar, there is too much text on this page however it is an example of having a photograph in the background, and on the flyer but not making it the main focus. 

This is the image that sticks out most for me. When I saw it, it made me think of evening food and drink entertainment, an evening out in a restaurant with the buzz of a comfortably crowded bar or restaurant. 




No comments:

Post a Comment